Tuesday, May 8, 2012

This is where Tray comes in.

I feel needed again. I feel happy again. We get along so well. I enjoy every moment I spend with him; in eight months I haven't ever gotten tired of him. And he's stuck around through all of this, which would have completely justified leaving. Even more, he's put up with every annoying habit I have (believe me, there are a lot). I can't even say we have a connection -- we get along to a point that I sometimes feel like I don't know how either of us was a whole person without the other. He makes me feel like I can still find - like I still have - meaning and purpose in my life. I don't feel so empty when I'm with him. The love that I thought I'd lost the capacity to feel, I feel it for him. I thought that Caylee left a hole that nothing, no one could ever fill. There will always be a hole; she will always have her place. But he's showed me that my whole heart isn't a hole -- there's still part of it left. He tells me that I make his life better. I don't understand how I possibly could, but I believe him. He means so much to me; if I can make his life better just by being here, that's enough to make me feel at least like I have a reason to keep breathing and maybe do a little more than just enjoy the time I've had.

No comments:

Post a Comment