Monday, May 7, 2012
I'm doing this for a guy.
How cliché. I already sound like an idiot. But this guy is my best friend. He is there for me every step of the way. He's the one who listened, and who kept listening. And that's pretty big, because most people, when you tell them - hell, any of it - they listen, and they let you say what happened, and then they are so clearly uncomfortable that you don't even want to talk about it again. But he listened, and he let me say everything I needed to say and he let me feel what I needed to feel. He let me let my guard down and show him these feelings that I wouldn't always even admit to myself. And he still does, every time. Even though that was eight months ago and he said he couldn't deal with another broken girl, he's still here. He says I'm not broken. He believes in me. And what he wants is for me to be better. So I'm going to be. I'm doing this for him. Because I stopped caring a long time ago about doing anything for me; I'm not worth the effort. But he, well, he is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment